Friday, March 24, 2017

THE BYRDS, "Strangers in a Strange Land" [re-imagined LP]


THE BYRDS

Strangers in a Strange Land  (1987)


You Movin'          [You Movin' / Boston  digital 45]
Spanish Harlem Incident     [Mr. Tambourine Man]
Tomorrow is a Long Ways Away    [Preflyte Sessions]
I Knew I'd Want You        [Echoes]
Splendor in the Grass           [Where the Action Is!  L.A. Nuggets 1965-68 compilation]
The Times They Are A-Changin'**  (1965 TV performance)
You and Me      [Mr. Tambourine Man CD re-issue]
Stranger in a Strange Land**            
Oh! Susannah                 [Turn! Turn! Turn!]
Flower Bomb Song**
Wait and See      
[Turn! Turn! Turn!]
Captain Soul (30-Minute Break)    
[Fifth Dimension]
Mind Gardens (instrumental)      [Sanctuary II]
Roll Over Beethoven      
[The Byrds box set]
Don't Make Waves*    
[Don't Make Waves soundtrack]
Milestones  (live, 1967 )*      
[Winterland, SF bootleg]
Feel a Whole Lot Better  (live, 1968)*       
[Live at The Piper Room  bootleg]
Oil in My Lamp     
[The Ballad of Easy Rider]
Buckaroo        
[Live at The Fillmore]
Lover of the Bayou (studio)        
[Sanctuary III]
White's Lightning, pt. 1    
[Sanctuary III]
I Trust  (live, 1971)     
[There Is A Season box set]
She Don't Care About Time*       
[The Alternate Roadmaster bootleg]
Born to Rock & Roll      
[The Byrds]
Mr. Tambourine Man  (live, 1978)**  

We'll Meet Again   [Mr. Tambourine Man]



2 comments:


  1. What is the "theme" behind this list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understandable question! After I re-did their discography I had some songs left (the 2nd side of TTT; rarities and other tracks I just didn't have a place for. I followed some of the patterns seen in other blogs that inspired me to do my own. Keeping the LP length around 40 minutes...placing singles at the beginning of each side, etc. The Alternate Albums blog did something similar with The Beatles discog. In the case of 'Past Masters', he used all the songs he left off his Beatles re-makes. This collection is my alternate of the 'NEVER BEFORE' comp. I found the cover and a similar playlist (though more in line with the NB tracklist--with some alterations). Just a way to tie up my 'odds n' sods' so to speak. Thanks for checking it out! Lots more I haven't even blogged. Cheers!

      Delete

LUCY DAWN, 'Lost Thoughts in Every Direction' [re-imagined LP]

Newly remastered tracks from the original 2016 album 'WRONG IN EVERY DIRECTION' with selections from the 2017 album, 'LOST THOUG...