Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Whiskeytown, "HAPPY GO BYE BYE" [re-imagined LP]





WHISKEYTOWN

Happy Go Bye Bye   (1999)


  1. Don't Wanna Know Why
  2. Jacksonville Skyline
  3. Tilt-a-Whirl*    [Deserters E.P.]
  4. Mirror, Mirror 
  5. The Ballad of Carol Lynn
  6. What the Devil Wanted
  7. Don't Be Sad
  8. Crazy About You
  9. My Hometown
  10. Reason to Lie
  11. Paper Moon
  12. Under Your Breath

I used the Pneumonia pre-release promo LP mix sans "Easy Hearts", "Bar Lights" and "To Be Evil". If Ryan Adams hadn't taken two years to finish the production with Ethan Johns. The released version on Lost Highway in 2001 was supposed to have twenty songs across a 2xLP set--it was negotiated down to 16 (wouldn't be the first time--lol). The other songs from the sessions "Tilt-A-Whirl", "Choked Up", "Tell Me What Else Can I Do Wrong Tonight", "Listen to the Radio", "In My Time of Need", "A Song For You" (not the same version on the GP tribute) and one song that has not circulated--"Bring Me Down"; probably a loud rock number like "Revenge"...A six-track E.P. was to be released titled Deserters; as a companion disc (to appease RA--no doubt). They did---and they didn't.








Originally was intended to be part of the 20-song double LP RA intended. Add "Tilt-A-Whirl", "Choked Up", "Tell Me What Else I Can Do Wrong Tonight", "In My Time of Need"--and two songs that are NOT circulating "Listen to the Radio" and "Bring Me Down"; sources for the latter were taken from The AnsweringBell.org site from back in the day. I substituted the Exile demo of "Listen to the Radio" and the band's cover of "A Song For You" (also taken from the sessions). I close it out with the beautiful duet between Ryan and Caitlin ("The Battle"); which I think ended up on her solo debut E.P. or the subsequent album, While You Weren't' Looking. 

WHISKEYTOWN

Deserters E.P.   (1999)

  1. A Song For You*
  2. Choked Up*    [Pneumonia promo]
  3. Tell Me What Else I Can Do Wrong Tonight*
  4. Listen to The Radio**   [Exile on Franklin Street promo]
  5. In My Time of Need (alt.)*
  6. The Battle+   [Waltzy E.P  by Caitlin Cary]
"Tilt-A-Whirl" I used on my version of Pneumonia (see above); the rest of the songs intended for the E.P. are unreleased but circulating (with the exception of "Bring Me Down").




No comments:

Post a Comment

LUCY DAWN, 'Lost Thoughts in Every Direction' [re-imagined LP]

Newly remastered tracks from the original 2016 album 'WRONG IN EVERY DIRECTION' with selections from the 2017 album, 'LOST THOUG...