Friday, January 12, 2018

THE BEATLES, "1970 / 1975" [imagined 3xLP retrospective]

THE BEATLES

Best-of: 1970/1975  (1980)


Side A
God      [Plastic Ono Band]
What is Life?    [All Things Must Pass]
Step Inside Love / Los Paranoias     [Anthology 3]
Beaucoups of Blues   [Beaucoups of Blues]
Working Class Hero   [Plastic Ono Band]
All Things Must Pass   [All Things Must Pass]

Side B
Teddy Boy   [McCartney]
It Don't Come Easy    [Everest*]
My Sweet Lord    [All Things Must Pass]
Instant Karma!   [Everest*]
Junk    [McCartney]
Wah-Wah     [All Things Must Pass]
Oo You    [Through Many Years*]
Early 1970   [Through Many Years*]

Side C
Isn't it a Pity - Version Two*  [All Things Must Pass]
Maybe I'm Amazed   [Through Many Years*]
Jealous Guy   [Imagine]
Every Night     [Through Many Years*]
Oh My Love  [Imagine]
Let it Down    [Through Many Years*]

Side D
Too Many People   [Ram]
How Do You Sleep?  [Imagine]
Deep Blue  [Living in the Material World][
Big Barn Bed   [Out the Blue*]
Oh Yoko!  [Imagine]

Side E
I'm the Greatest   [Out the Blue*]
The Light That Has Lighted the World    [Living in the Material World]
My Love   [Red Rose Speedway]
Out the Blue   [Out the Blue*]
Living in the Material World   [Out the Blue*]
When the Night  [Out the Blue*]

Side F
Here We Go Again   [Out the Blue*]
Dark Horse (early take)*   [Dark Horse]
Only One More Kiss   [Out the Blue*]
You Can't Catch Me   [Rock 'N Roll]
Goodnight Vienna (It's All Down to) - Reprise   [Goodnight Vienna]


Special thanks to the The Beatles What If blogspot  for the original cover art.

5 comments:

  1. I like this one. But are three discs necessary? Maybe, there are a lot of songs to cover in that period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? LOL. I originally was trying to make a double LP to cover the whole decade. I soon found myself with a LOT of material before I even got to 1974! I decided 2 hours (3 vinyl discs) would be cutting tracks just to cover it to 1975. I had mine own particulars to use..."Oh Yoko!", for instance...or "The Light That Has Lighted the World" (just watched the Scorsese doc on George again the other night). I thought it was funny to put "Too Many People" next to Lennon's answer song "How Do You Sleep?" (that and the fact he had George and Ringo back him on it). Paul's stuff was sometimes the hardest to use. Obviously, an obligatory Ringo fits in some spaces...but his musical styles also were diverting from the group. ANYways, I find it's a good listen...like Neil Young's Decade (but covering half the time, LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is exactly why I'm still working on Anthology 4. Too much ground to cover.

    I updated the cover for you.

    https://mega.nz/#!4fBgnArQ!sEIE-hfGWjRrFBcm5ZHhSSVeI3VKyxBDQn_yYAoZxPg

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put together Beatles 71, Beatles 73, Beatles 76, and Beatles 80. All hits

    ReplyDelete

LUCY DAWN, 'Lost Thoughts in Every Direction' [re-imagined LP]

Newly remastered tracks from the original 2016 album 'WRONG IN EVERY DIRECTION' with selections from the 2017 album, 'LOST THOUG...