Sunday, June 3, 2018

Cody ChesnuTT, "THE HEADPHONE MASTERPIECE" [re-imagined LP]

CODY CHESNUTT

'The Headphone Masterpiece'   (alt.)


My Women, My Guitars
Somebody's Parents
When I Find Time
Eric Burdon
Upstarts in a Blowout
5 on a Joyride
Daylight
So Much Beauty in the Subconscious
The Seed
If We Don't Disagree
Look Good in Leather
6 Seconds
Serve This Royalty
The Most Beautiful Shame


My single disc reworking of this underrated singer-songwriter's 36-track self-produced debut released in 2002. I remember seeing him pop up in The Strokes's "Last Night" video and of course "Look Good in Leather" was out on the airwaves, too. And of course, The Roots putting out "The Seed (2.0)" with Chesnutt on guitar and vocals--the breakout hit. Chesnutt defends the entire double LP to be taken as a whole--hence, why he put it out on own instead of polish anything for interested record labels sniffing around. I can respect that artistic integrity--(in Jerry Seinfeld/Larry David voice) "Now having said that..." LOL. I whittled this thang down to a single disc...14 tracks at roughly about 43 minutes. There's a lot of skits and improv bits in there, too. Any leftover songs could be applied to an E.P. release. I just had this one to do sometime ago...you can try it out on Spotify at this link:


No comments:

Post a Comment

LUCY DAWN, 'Lost Thoughts in Every Direction' [re-imagined LP]

Newly remastered tracks from the original 2016 album 'WRONG IN EVERY DIRECTION' with selections from the 2017 album, 'LOST THOUG...